Connect to the gerontology program that's right for you!
The Database on Gerontology in Higher Education was compiled from information collected in a national survey conducted by the Association for Gerontology in Higher Education (AGHE) and the University of Southern California. This survey was funded by a grant from the U.S. Administration on Aging. AGHE maintains the database as a service to those interested in the field of aging.
The current database includes more than 750 programs of credit instruction at all educational levels on more than 500 campuses. More than 30 disciplines and fields of study are represented. The database is updated continually as new programs are developed and as changes are made to existing programs.
Database information is used by:
- Students seeking educational options in aging.
- Faculty members in aging studies searching for information on other programs in a specified area.
- Administrators and researchers interested in the scope of gerontology and geriatrics education.
- Policy makers and planners interested in the training of personnel in gerontology and geriatrics.
Users request a listing of programs in aging based on:
- Educational level (e.g., BA, MA, PhD)
- Geographic location
- Credential awarded
- Discipline (e.g., psychology, social work, mental health, education)
- Any combination of the above.
Search results include name of program and institution; educational level; credential(s) awarded; program website; year program began; and contact person's name, address, phone, and e-mail.
CLICK HERE FOR YOUR ORDER FORM