Gainesville State College
Human Services Delivery and Administration (HSDA)
Faculty Position (Tenure-Track)
Gainesville State College invites applications for a ten month tenure-track position in Human Services Delivery and Administration beginning January, 2013. This position is located on the College’s Gainesville Campus.
- Teach undergraduate courses in the Human Services Program, which may include supervising practicum or internship students in field settings
- Assist with the development and assessment of programs and curricula congruent with the mission of the College, including the development of a more globally-focused academic program
- Teach day, evening, and weekend classes on and off-campus as needed
- ·Practice developmental advising of students, taking a personal interest in their progress
- ·Serve on School, College, University System, and/or community committees
- ·Interact with the College’s community through professional service and involvement of students
- ·Support campus diversity
- ·Perform other duties as assigned
- Earned doctorate at time of appointment
- Minimum of two years of experience working with human services agencies or human services-related research
- Candidate should possess an interest in research, application of knowledge and involvement of students in such, and to helping plan and implement viable new programs of study. Ability to teach in a second discipline a plus.
- Commitment to excellence in teaching
- Understanding of and commitment to the implementation of diverse pedagogical techniques including the integration of instructional technology and service learning into the teaching environment. Interest in developing and offering full or partial on-line classes a plus.
- Interest in interdisciplinary endeavors
Salary and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Gainesville State College, one of the fastest growing colleges in the University System of Georgia, is comprised of two campuses with a total enrollment of over 9,000 students. Both campuses have easy access to downtown Atlanta, major research institutions, mountains in Georgia, Atlantic coast and cultural and recreational activities.
The College is committed to teaching, service, professional development, and campus diversity. For additional information, see the College homepage at www.gsc.edu
Applicants should submit (1) a letter of application addressing the above responsibilities and qualifications;
(2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a separate statement of teaching philosophy; (4) unofficial copies of undergraduate/graduate transcripts (official copies will be required of those chosen for an interview); (5) the names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references; and (5) a GSC Faculty Application form (found at http://www.gsc.edu/about/employment/Documents/Faculty%20Application.pdf
Gainesville State College, Human Resources
HSDA Tenure Track Search
P.O. Box 1358
Gainesville, Georgia 30503
Only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the United States may be employed.
Application Deadline: To be assured of review, fully completed application packages must be received by August 30, 2012.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Gainesville State College, as determined by GSC in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable a satisfactory credit check. Gainesville State College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution